[opensource] Firefox 1.5 RC1 Released!
a.lingo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:59:25 EST 2005
Firefox 1.5 RC1 has been released. The final version is only weeks away!
Download RC1 <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all-beta.html> and
help test it to make 1.5 gold near-perfect.
What's new in Firefox 1.5?
>From the Release
*Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5 RC 1:*
- *Automated update* to streamline product upgrades. Notification of
an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a
megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- *Faster browser navigation* with improvements to back and forward
- *Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.*
- *Improvements to popup blocking.*
- *Clear Private Data* feature provides an easy way to quickly remove
personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- *Answers.com <http://Answers.com> is added to the search engine list
- *Improvements to product usability* including descriptive error
pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
- *Better accessibility* including support for DHTML
technologies such as the Window-Eyes
5.5 beta screen reader <http://www.gwmicro.com/products> for Microsoft
Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications
and documents or show the information on a Braille
enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software
functionality as their sighted peers.
- *Report a broken Web site wizard* to report Web sites that are not
working in Firefox.
- *Better support for Mac OS X* (10.2 and greater) including profile
migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- New support for Web
- Many security enhancements.
- List of notable bug
1.5 Beta 2
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Opensource