[opensource] Student programming project at OSU - Anyone interested?

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Nov 16 18:52:21 EST 2005

> There's a free version of IIS that lets you run .NET code on it? or are
> you writting your own webserver that will execute compiled ASP code?
> I'd be interested in checking either out.  If it's the latter you might
> want to check out the Jakarta Tomcat (http://jakarta.apache.org)
> project, it's a Java servlet container which would be similar.
Yep! It's called XSP (it's not IIS though), an MS developer wrote a blog
entry about it here with an example,
http://weblogs.asp.net/britchie/archive/2005/07/25/420512.aspx , and it
also has a mod_ plugin for Apache
http://www.codeproject.com/cpnet/introtomono2.asp . XSP would probably
crack if you tried to use it for a high-traffic site, but this
application fits perfectly

> ... .NET also, compared to java,
> is a very immature framework (from what I've seen, I don't purport to be
> an expert on .NET in the slightest bit)...it doesn't even have an
> iterator class for it's collections classes!
Huh? C# has IEnumerable which looks to be pretty much identical to
interface Iterator as well as the foreach() statement; I guess if you're
looking for bidirectional, that doesn't work though.

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>