[opensource] Distributions

Cosmin Roman cosmin at math.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 22 00:57:56 EST 2005

Hullo all.

I have a question, somewhat related to Brian's suggestion: anyone know of
a distro that provides LiveCD (see K/Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, etc) with
TeX/LaTeX built-in?

If not, anybody interested in producing one? I was trying to get ibuild to
work over the weekend, unsuccessfully at the moment (well, I gave it a
full 30 minutes) ... we could call it OSCix :)

I wonder if it's as simple as ibuild's faq says it is ... also, seems to
be just a debian variant

Cosmin

Brian Dittmer said:
> Hey guys, just wondering if anyone out there is using any new exotic
> Linux distribution or other open source operating systems that may be
> out of the mainstream (i.e. dragonfly bsd, etc.).  I myself have been
> using frugalware (http://frugalware.org/news.php) as my primary desktop
> OS for the past two months and I'm loving it.  It's a fork of slack
> that's updated regularly and uses the rock solid pacman package manager.
>   I recomend it to anyone looking to try out a new distro.
>
> -Brian

|                                           /
|scorillo:/usr/src/linux# make modules     /
|                                    ___/\/

Cosmin Roman
Mathematics Department
The Ohio State University at Lima