[opensource] Equipment Donations

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:42:20 EST 2005

Adam Porr wrote:
> I'm new to this list, but I'm looking forward to meeting you all at
> the next club meeting. I'm the treasurer for the OSU Amateur Radio
> Club. We could definitely use a computer if you can't get rid of them
> otherwise. Our current machine is a P2, so a P5 machine would be
> fantastic. Actually, we could probably use 2 if you have more than one
> to get rid of.

Hi Adam,

Welcome!  :)  There's _tons_ of really cool opensource amateur radio
software out there - we should look into doing a talk on this next
quarter.  Any experts out there?

The machines are unfortunately pretty old.  They are original pentium
586 machines at around 100MHz with something like 32MB of RAM.  The P-II
you have is from the second generation of pentiums which is actually the
686 so it will definitely be faster than the machines we are retiring.
That being said, if you're still interested in a box or two to mess
around with, we would be glad to let you have a couple.

Cheers,
- jim.