[opensource] The Constitution

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Oct 11 02:18:44 EDT 2005

Ted Han wrote:
> Ah.  I had taken the statement:
>
>  "At our next meeting I'd like to discuss the constitution and which
> officer positions we'll need to fill in order to be successful over
> the next year"
>
> to be disjoint with the statement isaac made
>
> "I think you need to get people interested and involved before you can
> make any actual decisions about what the mission really is, honestly.
> You might think it's the other way around, but it's not.  What I found
> after starting the club is that the mission is defined by the people
> who get involved and do the work."
>
> Are they not?

Things are getting a little confusing here.  Let me just clarify my
philosophy about the club:

It's all about what the _you_ want.

I'm trying to get the group together to get this process started.  I'm
going to need your help - I can't go this alone - so I'm looking for
members who are willing to get involved and help me get this club back
on its feet.