[opensource] Network Question

Michael Haig haig.1 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 24 22:18:28 EDT 2005

I'm working with a friend on setting up a few webservers and I was
wondering if you open source gurus could lend a little insite.
Basically, we are trying to run two seperate webservers that are on a
Lan together, through one Static IP.

A little diagram:

Internet (Static IP, multiple domains point to it) -> Cisco UBR Router
-> Linksys Router (routing port 80 to .140) -> Switch -> Webservers
(.140  (Apache 1.3) & .179 (Apache 2.0))

Right now I'm using a Proxy and ReverseProxy, in httpd.conf on the .140
server to send certain domains to the .179 server, which works
perfectly, except it's incredibly slow.  I was wondering if anyone knew
a better (faster) way to do this.

Thanks,
Michael Haig