[opensource] Meeting Recap

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 26 13:29:30 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone who made it to our meeting last night - it was great
to see so many new faces!

To those of you who couldn't make it, here's what you missed:
- Alex did an awesome demo of Ubunutu/Kubuntu which he will continue at
our next meeting.
- Friendly GNOME vs. KDE debate.  To be continued, I am sure.  :)
- Ubuntu/Debian package management intro.
- We discussed Minix vs. Linux - Microkernel vs Monolithic kernel design.
- We stopped by DL190 to check out our hardware.
- Started discussing the new Windows command shell.  I'd love to hear
more about this if anyone wants to lead a discussion at our next meeting.
- I know I'm forgetting some stuff.  Anybody want to fill in the blanks?

COLUG Meeting:
We are still planning to attend the COLUG meeting this coming Saturday,
October 29th from 1PM to 3PM.  If you're interested in going, please
reply on/off list, whichever you prefer.  So far, I think we have about
5 members planning to attend.

Next OSUOSS Meeting:
Presently we are meeting every other Tuesday at 7:00PM.  Our next
meeting will be Tuesday November 8 (election day!) at 7PM.

Recruiting Drive: