[opensource] Re: ntSig Event Tonight

Ross Litscher rlitscher at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 28 14:38:36 EDT 2005

Jim Dinan wrote:

> your machine to work.  I'm guilty too - WoW only runs in Windows
> (although I do cringe every time I see that bootup screen on my

(off-topic)

For what it's worth, WoW does work fine under Cedega (typical ATI Linux
driver issues aside)

But seriously, I've been running Cedega on the x86_64 version of Ubuntu
Hoary for the last 3 months. It took a day or two to work out some
problems, but it runs smoothly. No crashes, just a mouse targeting bug
in WoW that doesn't show the target circle. Mind you, I only use it for
WoW and occasionally for Warcraft 3. The only other game I ever play is
NWN which runs natively on Linux.

I had problems getting regular Wine to work on x86_64. I've heard that
Wine works with WoW, but I have no specifics like is it a 32bit
distribution of Linux or 64bit. I would have prefered to use Wine, but
such is life.

Anyway, it's nice to be free from dual booting. I have been since moving
to x86_64 last year.