[opensource] Opensource Club Meeting?

Chris Anderson anderchr at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Sep 29 11:22:31 EDT 2005

Nick Dimiduk wrote:
> Jim Dinan wrote:
>
>> Does OSUOSS have any officers?  I seem to recall a post a month or two
>> back to the effect that there was nobody left running things.
>

> The club has never (as long as I've been around) had "strong
> leadership".  People with interests related to the club get together
> from time to time.  Every now and again someone will give a talk or
> bring in a guest speaker, but these are mostly individually motivated
> actions.  It is likely that the club has a student or two registered
> with the university as "officers" for any necessary paper work; I'm not
> sure who holds that position.

Prior to Nick Hurley / Colin Walters / Isaac Jones leaving there was a
decent 'leader' presence. Last year I 'took over' to keep it going but
there was never much interest shown and I was busy with other things so
not much happened. I believe Ted Han is technically our 'Vice President'
currently. Though, we never applied for money last year so we didn't
have a treasurer once Anna moved. I did sort out a few last remaining
financial issues from the prior year with her though.