[opensource] personal items in DL190

Nandan bagchee at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 30 16:26:46 EDT 2005

>(FWIW, it was being used to link up our "cluster" and later the various
>machines people brought in for development.)

I had a dual P3 box I was using as my Gentoo compile machine.  I'd love for the
OS club to commandeer it, on condition that it spend at least part of its time
helping the funroll-loops cause. It's an old Dell, but more than capable of
sync'ing, running distcc etc.

Anyone here interested in Gentoo?

Now that the Debian Mafia has moved on I feel safer posting this..  ;-)

--
Nandan Bagchee

Java does not support decimal arithmetic well, nor classic coroutines, nor full
IEEE 754 floating-point arithmetic, [...]  nor tail calls, nor a host of other
features.  I've been beat up pretty hard over some of these.  Some of them I
even argued for myself in the early days of Java (such as tail calls).  But
others simply aren't needed for the clientele Java is trying to serve.

		-- Guy Steele