[opensource] Mailing List Configuration

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Apr 4 11:36:48 EDT 2006

Hey Everyone,

Due to changes in our mail setup, the mailing list has been receiving
lots of spam.  Previously, we were trying to filter posts from
nonmembers by hand and approve them whenever we saw one that was OK.
Unfortunately, since we are getting 10-20 moderation requests per day
because of spam, I have had to reconfigure the list to reject all posts
from addresses not subscribed to the mailing list.

If you make a mistake and send mail from an unsubscribed address, you
will receive back a copy of your message along with a rejection notice.
 As always, posting to our newsgroup does not require membership to the
mailing list, and the newsgroup and mailing list are automatically
synchronized.

Cheers,
- jim.