[opensource] Open Source Licence Challange

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 20 07:35:46 EDT 2006

I understand that all licenses serve a purpose with each having their pros
and cons, and there is not a "best license". That's kindof why I suggested a
framework for mixing them as the situation requires, although I'll have to
look at William Lorenz's link as it may be an interesting idea.

Still, the point is not to cause a flamewar, I never said there was any best
license in the first place, the suggestion was a framework to make it so
people could more easily make the best license for them when the need
arises, without having to worry about the disadvantages of the current
licenses, and having to figure out how to bypass them.

-Jim