[opensource] Survey: Best Sites for Killing Time

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 24 23:32:57 EDT 2006

Hey All,

At our last Thursday meeting we conducted a survey of everybody's
favorite sites for wasting time.  So, here they are in no particular
order and most likely with the wrong TLD (com/org/edu/etc):

everything2.org
wikipedia.org
fark.com
bash.org
google.com
reddit.com
macrumors
wikisource.org
newegg.com
stumbleupon
kernelthread.org
mobuzztv.??
ane[ck]dot[e]?\.ru
engadget
hackaday
joystiq
woot.com
thinkgeek
damninteresting.com

As long as I'm sending shouts out, here's an emphatically confused round
of applause for Stephen Sebeny for that amazing card trick at the last
Thursday meeting.  Also a huge high-5 to Michael Haig for his
presentation on Linux at last Tuesday's workshop.  We had a total
turnout around 33!  Way to go!  Lets keep those numbers up!!  :)

 - jim.

PS- Anybody care to add to that list of fun (ahem, appropriate) sites?

 "Only kings, editors, and people with tapeworm have the right
  to use the editorial 'we'." -- Mark Twain