[opensource] Torrent encryption

Drew Yates yates at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Apr 30 01:09:15 EDT 2006

Some people were asking about torrent encryption meeting.

The best article I found on the topic is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_Encryption (naturally... wikipedia for
all things new tech...)

Basicly, the extra CPU time is neg unless your computer is a box of cheetos.

The problems people mentioned with encryption that people asked about... it
seems that by default clients with encryption will accept both encrypted and
unencrypted connections.

Guys, I have Time Warner and my torrent DL speeds have moved from 8-15k to
+150k.

The difference is HUGE.

BTW, I am using uTorrent because I usually download and listen to music only
when designing (which is done in PS / Illustrator / Windows).

-Drew