[opensource] Filesystem interface to MySQL?

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Aug 23 23:46:43 EDT 2006

"Drew Yates" <yates at cse.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> Hey all, hope the summer is going well. Sure has been quiet!
>
> Does anyone know if there is a nice plugin for an interface to MySQL
> databases? That would make programming with databases MUCH easier, yes?
>
> So, for example, if I need to select some query, I could write something
> like:
>
> /localhost/mysql/user/pass/connection/database/"SELECT nukulor FROM xplozons
> WHERE awesome = 'probably';"
>
> and what is returned to me is a "file" that I can work with in the same way
> as any other file.

Why would you want a file instead of a richer data structure that you
usually get from such a query?  A filesystem is really a pretty basic
interface.

If you want to deal w/ a database as just a file, though, you could
try SQLite; it's probably a lot easier to use than mysql.

> Also, Ive been researching the new ReiserFS v4, it's pretty cool,
> check it out at: http://namesys.com/v4/v4.html

My filesystem is 1337er.  It doesn't support any of that stuff, but
it's written in Haskell!

http://www.haskell.org/halfs/

peace,

  isaac