[opensource] Programmer needed for OSU data acquisition system project

Adam Porr porr.4 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 30 17:41:10 EDT 2006

Hi all

I'm working on a USB-based data acquisition systems for Professors
Potter and Moses in the Electrical Engineering department. I am in
need of an experienced kernel module programmer to write drivers for
the device. I would prefer to make the modules compatible with Comedi,
an open source framework for data acquisition and control devices
(http://www.comedi.org). The work can likely be used as an independent
study, and there is a possibility that hourly pay could be available.
If you're interested, let me know and I'll see what I can work out! If
you're not familiar with data acquisition systems or if you're
interested in more details, read below.

Adam

=== Project Details ===

A data acquisition system collects analog signals such as sound,
temperature, pressure, etc. and converts them to digital signals that
can be processed by a host computer. This device will pass the
collected data to the host over USB. It will have on-board
amplification and filtering. An optional single-board computer running
Linux will enable one or many of these devices to be controlled
wirelessly using 802.11.

Design goals

    * Channels: 6 (differential, simultaneous sampling)
    * Adjustable gain: 5-50000 (14-94 dB)
    * Adjustable sampling rate: 50 kHz max
    * Resolution: 16-bit
    * Sensors supported: Initially acoustic, seismic (modular design
allows for additional sensor types)