[opensource] Poster Contest Announcement

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 9 00:17:20 EST 2006

*The_Contest*: Create a poster that introduces the speaker for our
upcoming event.  This poster will be hung around campus to advertise our
event.  It will be printed in color but it would be nice if it can also
print in black and white.

First thing's first:

*Deadline*: Submit via email to dinan [at] cse.ohio-state.edu by Mon,
February 13 @ 12:00AM (eg get it to me by Sunday night)

*Prize*: Signed copy of "Brute Force: Cracking the Data Encryption
Standard" by Matt Curtin

*What*: A talk entitled "The Fall of the Data Encryption Standard, or
Beating NSA Wiretaps" (or something along those lines).  Matt will talk
broadly about his experience with DES, Digital Rights Management (DRM),
and all the other neat stuff he does.  Pizza will be served as well.

*Who*: Matt Curtin.  More info is available at the following links:
	http://ergo-sum.us/brute-force
	http://web.interhack.com/company/people_cmcurtin.php
	http://www.interhack.net/projects/01media/

*When*: The date is not yet finalized we should be able to fill this in
in your design before we print them.

*Where*: Also not yet finalized.

The judges will be myself, Matt, and any of the other officers who do
not submit posters.  Please feel free to post questions and request more
info on list in case I have left anything out.

Let the games begin!
- jim.