[opensource] Tuesday

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Feb 20 15:23:55 EST 2006

a.lathrop wrote:
> I'm gonna override Jim's post about Tuesday just a little bit by  saying
> that I'd like to talk (briefly) about setting up and using CVS
> (Concurrent Versions System) for managing large and small software
> projects (like CSE course programming assignments).  I just figured  out
> the basics for doing all this stuff, and I'd like to give the
> streamlined version of what I learned to anybody interested.  I can  do
> two versions of this talk: 1) The verbose new-to-unix version, or  2)
> The quick-intro for l337 h4xx0rz.  Any takers?

Awesome!  That sounds great to me - I'll save the Revision3 vids for a
rainy day.  :)

I think probably the most valuable thing would be if we also show people
how to set up a CVS repository in their STDSUN space and get access to
it using SSH.  This is a really great way to get reliable CVS for your
school projects!

Since I have it handy, I'll also make some copies of the CVS reference
card that we can hand out at the meeting.

Cheers,
- jim.

Graduate RA - Computer Science and Engineering
               The Ohio State University