[opensource] Drupal CMS

Robbt robbt at azone.org
Tue Feb 28 11:30:10 EST 2006

Drupal is a great CMS. I'm pretty familiar with
it but it'd be great to see a presentation on
it.

Also if anyone is interested in helping out with
some community Drupal projects, I'm working on a
few of them.

One of them is with David Landsbergen a
professor at the School of Public Policy and
Management at OSU.

We are creating a directory of CTCs (community
technology centers) and are planning on using
Drupal to let each CTC update their own contact
info/hours and to make a database more
accessible.

I'm setting up a linux server tommorow at 9:30
in the morning over at Paige hall in his office.
We are going to probably use Ubuntu as the
server and replace Mac OS X server 10.2 since it
would be a pain to upgrade the open source
components involved in Mac OS X server to have
it work.

I just thought I'd let people know about it,
feel free to contact me if you are interested in
helping at all.

Also I'm working with the Columbus Indymedia
Center, http://cbusimc.org which is kind of a
diy multimedia journalism site that is connected
to a global network of IMCs around the globe.

We are doing more cutting edge drupal work, with
the views module and regions. If anyone wants to
help develop it or write content, or just list
events on the calendar it's cool. We are also
doing a webcast off of the site if anyone is
interested in doing a podcastable talk radio
style show about open source software, and also
working on streaming video using open source
technology.

Later,
  Robb Ebright