[opensource] Winter Involvement Fair

Sean Carrick equality72521 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:50:27 EST 2006

Ubuntu CDs should also work well in that there's windows open source
software for those who were mainly curious and not quite ready to
install Linux, and in my experience, the Ubuntu LiveCD runs pretty
quickly compared to say, knoppix, and hardware compatibility seems to
behave better than DSL at times.  There's my mostly irrelevant
observations, considering that when we have a big box of Ubuntu,
that's what's best to give out :)  Ubuntu's own CD folder has a fairly
good explanation on how to use each CD already, letting us concentrate
on more informative rather than howto information probably.  What is
Linux is a very good idea, considering that the otherwise informative
CD folder contains a whole back page on "What is Ubuntu"  while only
putting linux into their "linux for human beings" subtitles.
~Sean