[opensource] Ubuntu CD inserts

Adam Porr porr.4 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 4 23:24:05 EST 2006

Hi all

Here is a draft of the CD inserts I made to go with the Ubuntu discs.
Please send me some feedback!

A few things to note:

1. They won't fit correctly in jewel cases (too small).  They are
sized to fit in the CD slot in the cardboard cases for the CDs that
Jim has. It shouldn't be tough to make another version that will fit
in a jewel case. Let me know if you think this is worthwhile.

2. The solid line is a cut line, the dashed lines are fold lines. I'll
probably take the cut line out of the final version. Two inserts fit
on 1 8x10 piece of paper. Page 1 will have two rows of the content
shown, as will page 2. When printed on a duplexing printer, two
inserts can be made with 1 cut and four folds. I think that's as
efficient as I can make it.

3. I didn't mention a date for an install party although it was
mentioned on the list. Should we set a date for an install party?
Alternatively, we could do what the X-box linux project does and set
up a database of sorts of OSC people who are willing to help with
installs. See http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Users_Help_Users.

Adam