[opensource] Thursday Meeting

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jan 17 01:12:11 EST 2006

Hello Everyone:

I'd like to welcome our new members who have joined us since the
involvement fair this past week!  It was a big success and we got the
word out to lots of folks around campus.  A big thanks to Adam for those
awesome CD inserts!

I'm also pleased to announce that membership on our mailing list has
broken the 200 mark!

So here's your reminder: We will be meeting this Thursday at 7:00PM in
Dreese Labs room 480.  I will be leading a discussion on Sun's new
**OpenSource** UltraSparc T1 (aka Niagara).  8 cores on die, 32 threads
per chip and it's cooler than a Pentium 4!

For those who'd like to bone up, Anandtech has a pretty good intro to
the T1 here: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2657

See you Thursday!
- jim.

PS- Have you tried the AdBlock extension to Firefox?  It rocks!
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=10&application=firefox