[opensource] Thursday Meeting

Wesley Haines kremit at wrpn.net
Sat Jan 21 21:36:39 EST 2006

I've been lurking on here for some time, and now I have the chance to
respond to something.

> > > What _really_ rocks is if you combine it with the Filterset.G addin that
> > > automatically updates your Adblock list.
> > > I also use Flashblock, which turns Flash animations into a button that
> > > you have to press Play before it'll start; this stops the trick where
> > > people open popup windows using Flash and get around Firefox's popup
> > > protection.

Flashblock is great! However, If you don't want to turn off Flash, you
can also disable allowing pop-ups from plugins by following the
instructions I posted at my website awhile back:
http://wrpn.net/~kremit/entry.php?id=128

The setting mentioned there should be the default in FF 1.5, but I'm not
sure on that since it causes problems with Flash plugins spawning new
windows.

Wesley Haines

Network Administrator       Webmaster
WRPN Internet Services      weatherUSA.net
http://wrpn.net/            http://www.weatherusa.net/