[opensource] Re: Volunter for Potential Talks (Bill (William) Triest)

SEAN HOLSHU holshu.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 21 21:46:31 EST 2006

Hello to the list!

This is my first posting and I'm enjoying what I see on the list so far. The range of topics is quite diverse and informative. Sadly, I'm not able to attend meetings due to schedule conflicts with working on campus. I was wondering if it would be possible to have someone record these sessions (possibly Bill's discussions on security) in an audio format, offering a sort of podcast for the group? If this isn't plausible, it's no problem;
I'll just read what occurred and be happy with that!

Bill (William) Triest said:
>As for PPTP, I don't know much about it, but I'm >not really a vpn fan
>(and when I need to resort to such things, I >usually just do port
>forwarding over ssh as a poor man's VPN).

Have you tried Hamachi? I've been using for about a month and it's worked great. I use SSH and RealVNC to view my home PC from work with no troubles at all. You can check it out at http://www.hamachi.cc
(Note: No, not an employee of Hamachi or anything, I just believe in promoting a good product!).

Thank you,

Sean