[opensource] Intern Opportunity

Jeremy Rumpf rumpf.6 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 23 15:34:38 EST 2006

FYI,

I came across this and am not directly affiliated with it. Looks like it could
be some good experience.

CallCopy -  Software Development Intern

RARE  OPPORTUNITY  FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT IN AN ENTREPRENEURIAL HIGH
GROWTH ENVIRONMENT. CallCopy through the Center for Entrepreneurship
is seeking an individual that is able to work with their developers to
design the application extension for their Voice Over IP interface.
The intern selected will be responsible for designing, managing, and
developing code that will use packet sniffing technologies to log SIP,
H.323 & Skinny network communication. Transactions will be logged and
RTP packet communication will be converted from a wide array of voice
codec's and stored for future playback. TCP / IP Communication will be
used to communicate with our existing application suite.  A successful
intern will, with the assistance of current staff, generate a full
VOIP component for the CallCopy software. CallCopy is seeking an
individual that would like to use this internship opportunity as a
chance to learn new emerging technologies and win the opportunity for
long term employment. Company expects there will be a learning curve
no matter what the skill level of the selected intern and welcomes all
applications.

Start date: 2/1/06 through 3/31/06

Expected salary:  $20/hr.

Hours per week: 15-20

Qualifications

Please note that applicants are not expected  to have all of the
following qualifications.

Preferred abilities, or ability to quickly learn the following:

 - Knowledge of network topology & OSI layers.

 - Experience with network routing and switching using TCP/IP
including subnetting, VLAN's, etc.

 - Ability to write a cross platform compatible application using C/C++.

 - Experience within client/server applications using C/C++.

 - Experience with Delphi/Pascal

 - Experience with PHP/PERL/HTML/CSS

 - Knowledge of basic XML

 - Experience with databases such as MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.

 - Existing VOIP experience.

 - Knowledge of the SIP, H.323, or Skinny protocol architecture.

 - Experience with conversion between many audio codec's & formats.

 - Ability  to design and implement various network strategies to
sniff SIP, H.323, Skinny & RTP communication.

English language requirements:

Must be proficient in the English language.  Ability to document the
interface.

Strong verbal skills.  Candidate must communicate extensively with
existing programmer to assess needs and integrate product.

Company Profile

CallCopy provides contact centers with a feature-rich contact
recording platform. Our integrated modular design can be used to
satisfy all your recording needs…from digital screen capture, to
specialized recording schedules based on your unique business rules,
to complete call logging and long term archiving.

Client satisfaction is at the heart of our mission. From research and
development to service and support, our goal is to ensure our clients'
needs are met. We work hard to bring you the best recording system on
the market. We understand your need to better integrate your recording
application into your suite of applications, that's why we allow read
access to the CallCopy database, and it's why our API is offered as
standard with every installation.

CallCopy is adaptable to a wide range of technologies. Our open
architecture and our Application Programming Interface (API) will
enable you to customize CallCopy to best suit your operating
environment.

To apply:

Send resume by email to ray.125 at osu.edu and indicate the company name
CallCopy, in the subject line (call Nancy Ray at 292-4085 with
questions)

After review of resumes, CallCopy will contact candidates to schedule
interviews.