[opensource] Idea for event: hacking on the Oval

Drew Yates yates at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jun 3 12:50:11 EDT 2006

Hey guys, I was thinking: we should organize an event (this fall perhaps
when the weather is nice) to set up some tables and maybe a picnic shelter
on the oval and just chill all day with laptops.

We could advertise that we would help students (for instance, freshman) get
their computers up and running for the school year, pass out Ubuntu cd's,
and generally enjoy the weather and chat with people. Maybe even play some
LAN games or something. It would be a good way to hang out with club
members, to kick start the club with some new interested people, and to
evangelize open source and computing in general.

I'd be willing to organize and advertise this if there is enough interest.
What do you all think?

-Drew