[opensource] Idea for event: hacking on the Oval

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Sat Jun 3 18:21:49 EDT 2006

Having this in the fall would be a great way to help everyone start the year
off right. We could book it as a "spring cleaning" for your computer by
having install copies of linux lying out on the table.

I'll try to have the new Dapper Drake discs of ubuntu then. I'm thinking we
should also have a leaflet in the case, similar to the old one that says who
we are, but also a print out of a tutorial that either we compile or
something online that would be assistance to someone new to linux/ubuntu to
get them over the new os trauma.

I would include something like the instructions on installing automatix:

wget http://beerorkid.com/automatix/automatix_6.1-1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i automatix_6.1-1_i386.deb

{stolen from ubuntu forums<http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=177646>
}