[opensource] New tech elective for ugrads, get credit for hacking on open source software

Drew Yates yates at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 7 18:15:04 EDT 2006

Guys, this class counts as a tech elective, and I know the Prof setting this
class up and he's a cool guy.

basically, you get to pick a "product" and rip it apart to figure out how it
works and why it's successful. It's pretty open-ended.

I've already asked, and a "product" definitely includes software and
hardware. This would be a great excuse to get a bunch of open source guys
together to hack on some open source software (it's a team-oriented class).

Definitely check this class out for fall if you're an engineering undergrad.
If anyone is interested in setting up a team and picking out some
interesting software to hack on with me, let me know.

-Drew