[opensource] Idea for event: hacking on the Oval

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 11 18:27:00 EDT 2006

> Certainly the BSDs are important and useful. I suspect that they should
> be promoted just as much as Linux if there are actually knowledgeable
> people on hand to help people out if they run into problems following
> such advice.

I'd volunteer. I know another who probably would, but I don't want to
volunteer her, without her say-so.

Also, the nice thing about FreeBSD is the FreeBSD-Questions mailing list,
which is excessively helpful. They never say RTFM, but rather tell you which
section of the handbook to look at, or give you a url with good
documentation, barring that, they type something useful up.

-The Other Jim