[opensource] Idea for event: hacking on the Oval

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 11 20:18:55 EDT 2006

> But even still, I want my development workstation to  just work. I don't
> want to have to spend my precious coding time  mucking about trying to get
> things working the way they should (from  my point of view). The same goes
> for at home, I want things to Just  Work.
>
> Anyone who has the time (and inclination) to tweak their computer  every
> day of the week is either (1) in college, or (2) wasting their  time (in
> my opinion).

I'll agree with you on these points whole heartedly. I guess in these cases,
our opinions come from wildly divergent experiences in the various operating
systems. We probably ought to leave it at that, lest we inadvertently or
incautiously misinterpret or accidentally insult eachother more.

-The Other Jim