[opensource] Re: Opensource Digest, Vol 16, Issue 10

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 11 20:44:37 EDT 2006

> It's tempting to look at politics as a binary choice, but people would do
> well to consider their other choices - Bill Peirce and Bob Fitrakis to
> climb
> out of the major party trap the GOP and Dems use to cage the nation.  Your
> OS choices aren't limited to PC and Mac despite shelf space at the local
> computer store.

A very valid point, both in the political sense, and the computer-talk that
it was originally an analogy for. Personally, if I were organizing, it I'd
have everyone with a notebook there, and each notebook would be setup with a
different FreeOS. Kinda like one of those "entertain yourself" phone
commercials; "You - Ubuntu, You - Red Hat, You - Gentoo, You - FreeBSD,
You - PC BSD! [...]"

Aren't you glad I'm not in charge?
-The Other Jim