[opensource] Idea for event: hacking on the Oval

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 11 21:08:16 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 18:22 -0400, Steven James Samuel Stapleton wrote:
> > Frankly, I think you're on crack.
>
> Suggestion; if you have a point to make, you look less ignorant and do a
> better job if you can do it without insulting people.

Ah, I suspect you misread Nick; "on crack / cracked out / etc.." is
somewhat of an OSS euphemism. If something is "on crack" it's a
non-insulting way of saying that the idea/system/API/whatever is very
idiosyncratic, very hacky/inelegant, or difficult to reason about in a
clean manner. Of course it wasn't meant as a personal insult.

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>