[opensource] [Fwd: Community Exchange Saturday June 17th 9am to 1pm]

Robbt robbt at azone.org
Fri Jun 16 17:26:05 EDT 2006

I thought you guys might be interested in this.
Opensource has been called a gift economy and
this is just an attempt to opensource some of
the economics and exchanges around town and
build alternatives to currency. I might be
giving a brief presentation on my idea for a
local virtual gift economy/todo
tracker/decentralized myspace called the SPORE
(share place open resource economy) based upon
DRUPAL. I just thought I'd forward this in case
anyone was interested.

Do you have a lot of extra stuff lying around
your house that you would rather not throw away
but would rather share or trade ?

Do you have or need skills and services but
don't know where to go to find others who could
use them ?

Then you are invited to come check out the local
community building experiment known as the
community exchange, tommorow morning from 9am to
1pm at the Columbus Mennonite Church in
Clintonville at 35 Oakland Park Ave, just off of
High.

The community exchange is a mixture of barter,
gift economy and yard sale. We will be setting
up shop in the parking lot unless the weather
forbids or there are too many cars. This event
will be going on at the same time as the
Clintonville Farmers market which is located
across the street. So you can go get some fresh
organic vegetables and also particpate in the
community exchange.

To join the community exchange mailing list and
for updates go to
http://mail.azone.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/comex/

I will be personally giving away seeds and llama
manure so people can start gardens. So come on
down and check it out tommorow morning.

Please Fwd if you get this tonight.