[opensource] OSUOSS Militia calls for Jim Dinan's Downfall

William Triest triest.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 3 09:39:11 EST 2006

AP Fritts,

I think this would be a wonderful idea.  I actually have several ideas
that really depend on students doing a lot of leg work, and this was one
of them.  This really would require a bit of work, but I think it very
doable.  I see this task as having a couple steps.

1.   Identify other mirrors on campus (OSC used to have some, I know
there are others) and see if they would be okay with: use from campus,
from off campus, publicly advertised use.
2.  Figure out if we want to mirror additional software
     2a.  Figure out what to mirror (personally I think CentOS, Ubuntu,
and Gentoo would be good candidates)
     2b.   Identify some equipment that could be used to run the mirror
(this my require the club to aquire some hardware, which my be best
served by a donations subgroup).
     2c.  Setup our mirrors
3.  Advertise both our mirrors (if we choose to do so) and other mirrors
we have found on campus as appriopriate.

Did I miss anything?  Would you like to see other things mirrored?  Can
you help with a step?  Write to the list.

--Bill