[opensource] Neophyte Workshops - Poster Needed

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Mar 6 20:25:47 EST 2006

William Triest wrote:
> I assume you meant 3&4, so with Andy Lathrop's volunteering for #4, that
> leaves #3.  3. Getting around in Unix   I'm willing to do it, even
> though I think that it could be a good opportunity for some one with
> less expierence to step up.

Exactly.  Numbers 4 & 5.  ;)

Well then everything is covered!  Bill, if you want to try and organize
some more people around the "Getting around in Unix" topic, you're more
than welcome.  As for that one I was thinking we could try and reserve
DL280 which is the same setup as 480 except with 2 computers per table.
 That way people could sort of play along.  But the format is up to you
so let me know if you want me to try and reserve that room.

I just realized that we're going to need one more volunteer!  We really
need a poster that we can hang up advertising the workshop series.
Ideally this would have the workshop schedule as well as the contact
information for the group.  It would also be nice if we could make a
spot for this on our website with resources for each workshop, slides if
applicable, and so on.

I'll try and get a schedule put together and post it online for review asap.

Thanks to all the volunteers!
- jim.

Graduate RA - Computer Science and Engineering
              The Ohio State University