[opensource] Open source project idea ...

Stephen Sebeny sebeny.1 at osu.edu
Sun Mar 12 11:33:18 EST 2006

on 3/9/06 12:10 PM, Raffi Khatchadourian at khatchad at cse.ohio-state.edu
wrote:

> "I've recently switched to the Mac OS X, and I really, really miss
> TortoiseCVS. I would love to see TortoiseCVS it other platforms,
> although this is likely never to happen."

Hi All,

    First, Xcode (Apple's IDE) has CVS support built-in plus all the nice
features of a graphical file merge utility (think of a GUI for diff on
steroids). There are a few other graphical CVS/SVN clients, but I've never
had the need for them.

    Also, I've not used TortoiseCVS but from a quick look at the website if
you wanted to do a put an item into the Finder's contextual menu
(right-click) its a piece of cake. You just need to write a contextual menu
plug-in. If anyone has interest in that I can direct you to the appropriate
resources. The wrapper of the plug-in would have to be written in
Objective-C or Java, but the core work could just be any shell script that
you call if you wanted.

-----
Stephen M. Sebeny
sebeny.1 at osu.edu