[opensource] OpenSource Workshops (Draft)

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 29 23:34:56 EST 2006

Hey All,

I have attached my draft of our email advertisement for your perusal.  I
would like to start sending this around tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon so
please send comments and suggestions along ASAP!

Cheers,
- jim.

PS- If anyone thinks of a better/more compact name for workshop #5 than
"The Open Source Software Development Suite" please let me know!

Dear Friends:

The OpenSource Club is pleased to announce a series of exciting
technology workshops introducing open source software to the Ohio State
community! The workshop schedule is as follows:

 * 04/04/2006 7:00PM, DL480: Open Source for Windows
 * 04/18/2006 7:00PM, DL480: Linux on your Desktop
 * 05/02/2006 7:00PM, DL280: Getting around in UNiX
 * 05/16/2006 7:00PM, DL480: Programming the UNiX Shell
 * 05/30/2006 7:00PM, DL480: The Open Source Software Development Suite

Members of the OSU community as well as the general public are invited
to attend.  The workshops will be held in Dreese Labs rooms 480 and 280
as noted.  Below is a brief description for each workshop.