[opensource] Re: Good Unix/Linux Book

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon May 1 09:35:33 EDT 2006

CHRISTOPHER ROLLEY wrote:
> Hey I'm new to this club and I'm highly interested in Unix and Linux
> but I really dont know anything about them. Does anyone have any good
> recommendations for books that could get me started?

Hey Chris,

Welcome!  :)  Have you tried safari?  As an OSU student, you can get
access to all of the O'reilly books on there for free.  From an
on-campus machine you can get there directly at
http://safari.oreilly.com.  Otherwise, you can get on from off campus
using your OSU login through the library's web page.

I think "Unix Power Tools" is pretty good if you want a technical into
to Unix in general.  IIRC, that book is from O'reilly.  Anybody else
know any good ones?

Cheers,
 - jim.

Graduate RA - Computer Science and Engineering
              The Ohio State University