[opensource] Thanks for the great presentation tonight

Trent Arms trent.arms at gmail.com
Wed May 3 04:47:56 EDT 2006

Yes, I liked this presentation quite a bit.  Sure, some of it was stuff I
already knew, but just learning about cut made it all worth it.  I haven't
been using linux so long that I've learned very well all of the coreutils
and before today I was wrestling with the idea of learning awk and sed to do
exactly the kinds of things cut does.  ps is another handy tool that
displaces top for figuring out what the PID or process name is.  All in all,
I learned a bit and am pleased.  Waiting for more stuff about scripting next
week. (That is what I heard, right?)

-Wyatt

PS: what was the backquote thing?  I've never herd of it and it sounds far
too useful to stay that way.