[opensource] Need the name of some tools: drive/folder synchronizing

Clifton Snyder snydercl at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat May 6 11:45:40 EDT 2006

It sounds like rsync is what you're looking for here:

	rsync -av source_dir dest_dir

Keep in mind that if you leave the trailing slash on source_dir, rsync
will copy all of the files from source_dir into dest_dir, whereas if you
leave the trailing slash off of source_dir rsync will create a new
directory.

Check the man page for more info. I hope it works for you.

--
~cliff
[http://cliftonsnyder.net]