[opensource] OpenSource Workshop: 5/16/2006

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat May 13 14:44:44 EDT 2006

OPENSOURCE CLUB WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT:
======================================

Date: 05/16/2006
Time: 7:00PM
Room: 480 Dreese Labs

Topic: Programming the UNiX Shell

   This workshop will build upon previous topics by discussing the art
of writing scripts to simplify and automate mundane or repetitive
tasks.  We will introduce powerful tools such as 'grep' and 'sed' (among
others) and discuss how to use them to rapidly manipulate files and
extract data.  Using these tools, we will demonstrate some of the cool
things scripts can do to make life with Unix a little more interesting
and a lot more fun.

Presented By: Andrew Lathrop

Upcoming Workshops:
 * 05/30/2006 7:00PM, DL480: Open Source Software Development Tools

Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers
and nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a
half hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please
be courteous when coming late or leaving early.

For more information, please visit: http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu