[opensource] Presentation on SPLAT! radio propagation modelling software

Wesley Haines kremit at wrpn.net
Sat May 13 17:51:03 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 12:55 -0400, Adam Porr wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to determine if there is any interest in a presentation on
> SPLAT! for the Amateur Radio Club, and I figured it would be good to
> include the opensource folks if anyone is interested. SPLAT! is a free
> (GPL) software package that can determine the coverage, propagation
> loss, and line-of-sight path information for a radio transmitter.  For
> more information, check out the amateur radio club wiki at:

Very cool.. I would be interested in a presentation on this. This has a
lot of uses for implementing all kinds of wireless connections, like
HAM, WiFi, wireless audio (staging, concerts), wireless video, etc.

Wesley Haines

Network Administrator       Webmaster
WRPN Internet Services      weatherUSA.net
http://wrpn.net/            http://www.weatherusa.net/