[opensource] Just a quick question about the computer science minor.

Daniel Murry murry.8 at osu.edu
Thu May 18 17:27:34 EDT 2006

Hey All,

I figured this would be a good place to ask a few questions about the
Computer Science Minor and what classes to take since a lot of you guys have
probably taken the various classes.

Anyways, I'm probably going to avoid CS&E 560 since I always heard that was
the horror class back when I was a CS&E major so that only leaves me with
four choices of the minor elective classes.

That leaves the following classes without that as a prerequisite; 541 -
Elementary Numerical Methods,  625 - Introduction to Automata and Formal
Language, 670 - Introduction to Database Systems, and 675.02 Introduction to
Computer Architecture.

Which two should I take?  How hard are the classes?  What about for someone
that has not done much programming in a few years?  Would 560 really be an
option to take or is it really not that bad?

Also, what is CS&E 360 like as it is the last one I would need to take for
the required courses?

-Dan

P.S. Here's the link if anyone else is interested in the minor,
http://artsandsciences.osu.edu/currofc/GEC/minors/ComputerInformationScience.pdf

--
Daniel Murry
B.S. Candidate, March 2007