[opensource] CSE 560 advice

Mark Noble noble.48 at osu.edu
Sun May 21 19:41:59 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: opensource-bounces at cse.ohio-state.edu
[mailto:opensource-bounces at cse.ohio-state.edu] On Behalf Of Adam Porr
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:06 PM
To: opensource at cse.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: [opensource] CSE 560 advice

> Perhaps I should also rethink words like "cloud" and "tree" and
"rhododendron" to make sure that the standard English
> interpretation is not incorrect for those also.

Oh, now you've gone and terribly offended me you dandilion!

> > If you were offended by Drew's email, you shouldn't visit Ireland.

> That's funny... my wife spent some time in Ireland. She can't remember
hearing any profanity, let alone an excessive
> amount of profanity. I think that I'll be OK.

My wife lived with families around Ireland for 3 months, and her mother
lives there 6 months out of every year.  Apparently the Irish, around Dublin
and Galway at least, use words that might be considered profane here with
such frequency that it is commonplace and not particularly remarkable.

Regards,
Mark