[opensource] CSE 560 advice

Brian Dittmer dittmer.6 at osu.edu
Sun May 21 23:14:44 EDT 2006

MICHAEL HAIG wrote:
> I accidently sent this to one person and not the entire list, sorry.
>
> Trying to get back to the original topic of this thread...
>
> To be honest, I found 560 to be fairly easy.  You just need to be prepared to do the work and you'll be fine.   As far as not knowing how to program well, we choose a language that only two of us knew (C#) and the rest of the group had no problem learning it and contributing great code and testing.
Sorry I'm slightly drunk right meow but C# shouldn't be a stretch to
learn for anyone with any java experience.  It's a pretty
straightforward language that is far superior to any other offering out
there.  Real computer scientists should also be able to read a spec and
pick up a language.

Brian

NOTE: I'm not endorsing the use of Microshaft's .NET...it's a terrible
framework (look at their collection classes....jesus!) and it typically
builds pretty terrible apps.  Java's API + the vibrant open source
community supporting it is *the way* to create a scalable enterprise
(wow buzzwordz) app.