[opensource] CSE 560 advice

Daniel Murry murry.8 at osu.edu
Mon May 22 01:45:36 EDT 2006

Thanks for all the valuable help.  I was not expecting such a huge response
let alone a political fight.

I have heard that 560 is worthwhile, but I've already taken so many classes
with team projects for my own major that I will most likely still avoid it.
In fact I will have a huge two quarter long project to work on out in the
field next Fall and Winter.   I registered 670 for Fall quarter, but I will
have to look at my syllabi's to see when things are due to be able to decide
if I am going to take it.  I also have to look at my finances and see if I
will stick around and graduate Spring quarter to take one or two classes and
actually get the minor.

Thanks for all the help!

-Dan

On 5/21/06, Wesley Haines <kremit at wrpn.net> wrote:

> > Incidentally, at one point (not sure about today), a grep through the
> > Linux kernel source for "fuck" got A LOT of hits.
>
> Oh great, now you've gotten me into this conversation too...
>
> [kremit at Kremit linux-2.6.16.i686]$ grep -ri 'fuck' * | wc -l
> 53
>
> Some of my favorites:
>
> arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c:/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
>
> drivers/net/sunhme.c:/* Only Sun can take such nice parts and fuck up
> the programming interface

> Wesley Haines
>
> Network Administrator       Webmaster
> WRPN Internet Services      weatherUSA.net
> http://wrpn.net/            http://www.weatherusa.net/

Daniel Murry
B.S. Candidate, March 2007
Industrial and Systems Engineering