[opensource] CSE 560 advice

Ross Litscher rlitscher at speakeasy.net
Mon May 22 11:41:33 EDT 2006

Back when I was in school, my professor for 560 said something like,
"This project is not intended for you to learn a new programming
language. Use what you know." I forget his name, but he was the other
professor opposite of Pete Ware teaching the course that quarter....
worked at the OSC. Anyway, it's a great class. So were the other classes
mentioned. I think I took them all except the perhaps the database course.

As for the "pre-formed group" nonsense mentioned, that's BS. You'll most
likely be working with people you don't entirely agree with or like in
the future, so best to start dealing with people now. I had a makeshift
group for 560 and we had a great time, none of us knew each other
comming to the class. Judging people for not already having a group
going into the class is something to be left in gradeschool

-r