[opensource] Group Dynamics

Michael Haig haig.1 at osu.edu
Tue May 23 00:38:48 EDT 2006

I'm just curious, but do you notify the professor when such a
situation arises?  I always get made fun of for doing it, but
everytime I'm in a situation where group members do not pull their
weight, I notify the professor and then keep detailed records of what
each member contributes.

I had a similar situation in my senior design group last quarter.  We
had one member that just disappeared in the middle of the quarter and
then showed up the day of the final presentation and was like "what am
I presenting?"  Luckily, after the first week of him being gone we
notified the professor and immediately kept track of what everyone
contributed.  This helped a lot because the class work was immense and
was difficult being short a member.

Michael Haig