[opensource] website

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Thu May 25 19:56:27 EDT 2006

"Drew Yates" <yates at cse.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> mmm, I would say: "better to have a well-used and maintained website that
> could be temporarily and reversably vandalized than a never-used and
> outdated website that is never vandalized"
>
> I bet if you asked around other organizations, difficulty keeping the
> website active is a FAR greater concern than vandalism.

Most wikis I run have username / password for everyone, plus a guest
login / password.

FWIW, No password is not really an option.  It's not a matter of maybe
occasionally getting vandalized, it's a matter of definitely often
getting spammed.  I've never seen vandalism problems.  Just put the
username / password on the front page.

peace,

  isaac