[opensource] Preventing removal of symbolic link

William Triest triest.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 6 20:32:18 EST 2006

Can anyone think of a good way to prevent a user from removing a
symbolic link in their home directory?

By default symbolic links of full permissions and there is now way to
remove them (at least that I am aware of).  Since its the users home
directory they can remove them.  I looked into acl's but haven't found
an obvious way.  A solution which didn't prevent the user from removing
them, but which just made it so a simple rm wouldn't remove them would
be good enough.   I just don't want a simple rm to be able to remove
them in order to avoid the number of accidental removals (and then
support requests for me to restore them).

Thanks,
Bill